On Tuesday 19th October we will be holding a focus call looking at tuberculosis. The call is part of our ‘Back to Basics’ series, which help new RESULTS activists to learn about key issues that we campaign on, and also help longer-term activists to refresh their memories and update their knowledge.
The call is going to cover:
- What is TB, and why is it such a big problem?
- How TB is detected and treated;
- The relationship between TB and HIV;
- The growing problem of drug-resistant TB; and
- What progress we have made to date in the fight against TB.
The call is going to be led by Clare Shaw, Programmes Officer at Target TB, who is a particular expert on HIV-TB coinfection. She will be ably assisted by our own Aparna Barua, who currently coordinates RESULTS’ work on the ACTION Project.
If you would like to be on the call, which will be held from 7-8pm on Tuesday 19th October please email email@example.com, who will contact you with the call-in details.