We are pleased to announce that RESULTS 2009 Annual Report is now available on our website. We encourage you to read it to gain an excellent overview of what RESULTS is about and what we have achieved alongside our volunteers. RESULTS’ strength lies in educating and empowering people to bring about policy changes that will improve the lives of the world’s poorest people. Our approach has proven to be effective and powerful, yielding significant results that have brought an end RESULTS works to generate the to poverty closer.
A few of our key achievements in 2009:
- Successful parliamentary delegations to Malawi and India inspired six more Members of Parliament to become vocal advocates for TB and other health challenges in Parliament. RESULTS also leveraged the European elections to enroll new MEPs as TB champions and raise the profile at the EU level.
- Input into DFID’s international development White Paper and the Conservative Green Paper by RESULTS staff and volunteers ensured that health, education and microfinance featured prominently in both documents.
- A unique report, TB: Voices in the fight against an epidemic was
produced for World TB Day 2009 to highlight the impact of TB on individuals and communities and used by our partners in high burden countries to raise awareness about the impact of TB.
- RESULTS volunteers generated media coverage and educated dozens of MPs about the positive impact of microfinance and the milestone announcement in January 2009 that over 100 million of the world’s poorest people now have access to microfinance services.
- Pressure from RESULTS ahead of the Copenhagen Climate Summit helped shift DFID policy on how best to use micro crop insurance as an adaptation tool to protect the poor from the impact of climate change.
If you haven’t already, join us to help end global poverty! You can give time and become an advocate for the end of poverty. If you would like to work together with others making a difference to the lives of the world’s poorest people and you can commit a little time and energy to take action each month, then join a local RESULTS group. For further information on your nearest group or how you can start one where you live, call 020 7499 8238 or email a member of our advocacy support team on join[at]results.org.uk.
Alternatively, you can help us to achieve our vision by making a financial contribution! We depend on the generosity of our donors and each pound donated to RESULTS helps to leverage hundreds more for the world’s poorest people. Our advocacy secures policy changes resulting in long-term, sustainable funding for key development initiatives. No amount is too small to make a difference. If you would like to support our work financially, you can make a one-off contribution or become a regular donor by following the corresponding link on our website.